What Does YH Mean?The abbreviation YH means "Yeah" or "Yahoo." Here is more information about each of these definitions with examples.
YeahYH is widely used to mean "Yeah." It is a quick reply in the affirmative (i.e., to say yes). For example:
- Sam: Their belt size would be equator.
- Terry: YH!
- Ali: Russian dolls are so full of themselves.
- Lee: YH!
YahooAs YH is such a popular term, it is also likely that it is used as a quick way to search for Yahoo, the US web services provider.
A Video SummaryHere is a short video summarizing this entry on YH.
Image for YH
When I write YH, I mean this:
YH may also be an abbreviation for "Yahoo."
Summary of Key Points
First Definition of YH"Yeah" is the most common definition for YH on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
1: Easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Second Definition for YHYH may also be an abbreviation for "Yahoo."
Adults and Teenagers
An Academic Look at YHYH is a shortened version of either "Yeah" or "Yahoo." Therefore, it is a contraction. Contractions tend to be formed in one of three ways:
- Using letters from the start of the word (e.g., OBV from obviously).
- Using letters from the start and end of the word (e.g., Dr from Doctor).
- Using an apostrophe to replace a letter or letters (e.g., can't from cannot).
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we would have just said "Yeah" instead of using the abbreviation YH to mean "Yes."
Example of YH Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See Also9_9 (rolling the eyes) CHA (yes) HY (hell yes) MHM (yes) YIM (Yahoo! Instant Messenger) YM (Yahoo! Messenger, your mom, yummy mummy)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.