What Does YTD Mean?YTD means "Year To Date." This typically means the period of time from January 1st until today. It is often used in financial or business terminology to track results and statistics for that given time period. However, the business year may not necessarily begin on January 1st, and therefore YTD would start with the business year instead.
Image for YTD
When I write YTD, I mean this:
From the start of the year until today.
Summary of Key Points"Year to Date" is the most common definition for YTD on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Year to Date|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of YTD in SentencesHere are examples of YTD being used in conversations:
- Tony: Our YTD profits have risen by 12%.
- Tony: Where are the YTD figures?
- Jordan: In the Business Objectives file.
An Academic Look at YTDYTD is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Wy Tee Dee), but as this is harder to say than "Year To Date," it is not often uttered using its letters. In other words, the abbreviation YTD is for efficiency in writing and not efficiency in speech.
Example of YTD Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoQ1 (first quarter (finance)) DDMMYY (day month year) MTD (month to date) UTD (up to date) FTSE (financial times and stock exchange) BLUE_CHIP (well-established and financially sound company)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.