What Does YWCA Mean?YWCA means "Young Women's Christian Association. YWCA is a global organization which aims to advance the empowerment, rights leadership and of women, young women and girls in over 120 countries. YWCA membership is drawn from many different faiths, backgrounds, ages and cultures.
Although YWCA is widely associated with hostels and fitness centres, its primary function is human-rights advocacy with an emphasis on gender equality.
Currently, the YWCA's primary objective is to enable its membership of 100 million young women and girls to "transform power structures to create justice, gender equality and a world without violence and war, leading a sustainable YWCA movement inclusive of all women by 2035." The YWCA is not a part of the YMCA. However, many local and YWCA associations have merged, providing the programs of each to their members
Image for YWCA
When I write YWCA, I mean this:
The YWCA is a global advocacy organization for young women.
Summary of Key Points"Young Women's Christian Association" is the most common definition for YWCA on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Young Women's Christian Association|
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of YWCA in SentencesHere are examples of YWCA being used in conversations:
- Tony: Are you going to the YWCA tonight?
- Jordan: Yes. I really want to see the lecture on the African program to combat HIV and AIDS.
- Tony: Julie is in the YWCA. Fancy meeting her for a coffee?
- Jordan: Okay. I will see you there in 10 minutes.
An Academic Look at YWCAYWCA is an initialism abbreviation. This means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Wye Dublyu See Aye). Initialisms contrast with acronyms, which are spoken like words.
Example of YWCA Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoNAACP (National Association for the Advancement of Colored People) NAMBLA (North American Man, Boy Love Association) NEA (National Education Association) YHA (Youth Hostel Association) YMCA (Young Men's Christian Association)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.