What Does :/ Mean?:/ is an emoticon used to indicate indecision, skepticism, exasperation, and annoyance.
The emoticon :/ is one of the most difficult to define. It can indicate a wide range of emotions, including (but not limited to) indecision, skepticism, exasperation, and annoyance.
When it comes to understanding :/, context is vital! For example:
- Toni: What's your biggest weakness?
- Jordan: Indecisiveness... I think :/
- Sam: What do you think of skepticism?
- Les: :/ I'm not sure I buy it.
- Lee: I'm running a little late. Be there in twenty minutes.
- Dee: You'll be late for your own funeral. :/
- Lee: Hope so!
- Jo: If everywhere you go there's a problem, guess what?
- Ali: :/ I am going to unfollow you in real life!
Image for :/When I write :/, I mean this:
The :/ emoticon might also mean skepticism, exasperation, and annoyance (amongst other things).
Summary of Key Points"Indecision, skepticism, exasperation, and annoyance" are some of the most common definitions of the emoticon :/ on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
|Definition:||Indecision, Skepticism, Exasperation, Annoyance|
Adults and Teenagers
An Academic Look at :/:/ is an emoticon (i.e., an icon used to express an emotion or sentiment).
Emoticons are pictorial representations of facial expressions, constructed with punctuation marks, letters, numbers and other characters found on a keyboard.
Example of :/ Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoLearn how to insert special punctuation symbols Text-speak using just numbers EMOTICON (a graphic showing an emotion) ('_') (emoticon representing boredom) (H) (cool dude, heart emoticon) O7 (salute emoticon) UWU (cute face emoticon, song title)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.