What Does 241 Mean?241 means "Two For One."
The number 241 (or 2-4-1) is most commonly used in internet chat forums and text speak to mean "Two for One." It indicates that two items can be bought for the price of one. For example:
- Cal: Sarah's new boyfriend is as gross as her last one.
- Sam: I know. I think she gets them 241 at the ugly shop.
- Ali: Hey guys, I absolutely insists on buying the next round.
- Lee: Yeah, right. They must be doing 241.
Image for 241
When I write 241, I mean this:
241: Two for the price of one.
Summary of Key Points"Two For One" is the most common definition for 241 on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Two For One|
2: Quite easy to guess
An Academic Look at 241Because some of its characters are used as substitutes for letters, 241 is classified as a internet slang term.
Most "slang terms" were introduced to reduce the number of key strokes required to write a word or phrase, but since the arrival of predictive texting and keyboards on mobile devices, this efficiency is no longer required. Nevertheless, "slang terms" are still regularly used to make messages more entertaining or to express individuality.
"Slang terms" differ from emoticons because they are not pictorial representations.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?The use of the number 241 to mean "Two For One" pre-dates the digital era.
Using Numbers in TextsThis video shows the different ways that numbers are used in "text speak":
Example of 241 Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoCHEAP SKATE (frugal person) RTD (ready to drink) CHOW (food) GRUB (food) BOGO (buy one get one) BOGOF (buy one get one free) BOGO (buy one get one)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.