What Does AF Mean?AF means "As F*ck."
AF is commonly used in messaging apps and on social media with the meaning "as f*ck." It is used to add emphasis to a statement. For example:
- Sam: Are you all right?
- Terri: No, I'm angry AF!
- Sam: Well, I'm bored AF with you being angry AF.
- Terri: Really? Well, in that case I'm out of here, as quick AF.
Image for AF
When I write AF, I mean this:
Fill in the space: Trump and Biden are ______ AF.
Summary of Key Points"As F*ck" is the most common definition for AF on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of AF in Sentences
An Academic Look at AFBecause it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., "Aye Eff"), AF is classified as an initialism abbreviation. Initialisms are different to acronyms, which are spoken like words.
AF creates a simile by likening an adjective to the word f*ck. For example:
- He is as clever AF. Here, clever is the adjective being likened to f*ck.
Example of AF Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.