What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does ASAP Mean?ASAP means "As Soon As Possible." ASAP is both an acronym and an abbreviation. It is widely used with the meaning "As Soon As Possible." The use of ASAP usually implies a sense of urgency.
ASAP is thought to have originated with the US military in the 20th century. It is now very commonly used in everyday speech, both face-to-face and in test-based communications.
Due to overuse, ASAP is now considered outdated in some circles. Its use should probably be avoided in business communications.
- ASAP has the same meaning as ASAIC ("As Soon As I Can"), but is used much more widely.
- ASAP Mob is an American music collective from New York. It is a collective of rappers, record producers, music video directors and fashion designers who share similar artistic interests.
Video Summarizing ASAPHere's a short video explaining how to use ASAP:
Image for ASAPWhen I write ASAP, I mean this: Rakim Mayers is ASAP Rocky of the ASAP Mob
Summary of Key Points"As Soon As Possible" is the most common definition for ASAP on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||As Soon As Possible|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of ASAP in SentencesHere are examples of ASAP being used in conversations:
- Boss: ASAP I am going to ban the use of that damn acronym ASAP!
- Assistant: I'll get on that ASAP.
- Tom: Can you lend me $10? I will pay you back ASAP.
- Dave: Of course. I'll get it to you ASAP.
An Academic Look at ASAPASAP is both an acronym and an initialism abbreviation. It is typically spoken like a word (i.e., "Ay-sap"), but is also often pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., "Ay Ess Ay Pee").
ASAP is an adverb of time. An adverb of time states when something happens or how often.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we would have just said something like "As Soon As Possible" instead of using ASAP.
Example of ASAP Used in a Text
Help Us To Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?