What Does B4N Mean in a Text?B4N means "Bye For Now." B4N is used to say goodbye when the interlude is likely to be short.
Image for B4N
When I write B4N, I mean this:
B4N is a temporary goodbye.
Summary of Key Points"Bye for Now" is the most common definition for B4N on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Bye for Now
1: Easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of B4N in SentencesHere is an example of B4N being used in conversation:
- Tony: I must get this assignment finished tonight but I will speak to you again in the morning B4N.
- Jordan: Good luck B4N.
An Academic Look at B4NB4N is classified by our team as an "internet slang term" as opposed to an initialism abbreviation or an acronym. Initially, "internet slang terms" were introduced for brevity, but, particularly with the advent of predictive texting and on-screen keyboards, they are now mostly employed for fun. "Slang terms" differ from icons because they are not pictorial representations.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "ta ta for now" or "see you anon" instead of B4N.
Using Numbers in TextsThis video shows the different ways that numbers are used in "text speak":
Example of B4N Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.