What Does B4YKI Mean in a Text?B4YKI means "Before You Know It." B4YKI is an "internet slang term" used to imply that something happens or will happen surprisingly quickly, i.e., before you have time to realise what is happening.
- "Before You Know It" is also abbreviated as BYKI.
- "Before You Know It" is the title of a 2013 documentary film, directed by PJ Raval, that follows the lives of three gay seniors.
Image for B4YKI
When I write B4YKI, I mean this:
You'll be dead B4YKI!
Summary of Key Points"Before You Know It" is the most common definition for B4YKI on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Before You Know It
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of B4YKI in SentencesHere are examples of B4YKI being used in conversations:
- Patient: Will it hurt?
- Doctor: Don't worry. You will be out of here and worrying about the bill B4YKI.
- Rumors are like fires: Nobody admits to starting them and, B4YKI, they're out of control.
An Academic Look at B4YKIB4YKI is defined as an "internet slang term" by our team because some of its characters are used as substitutes for letters. Most "slang terms" were introduced to reduce the number of key strokes required to write the word, but since the arrival of predictive texting and keyboards on mobile devices, this efficiency is no longer required. Nevertheless, "slang terms" are still regularly used to make messages more entertaining or to express individuality. "Slang terms" differ from icons because they are not pictorial representations.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "before you can say snap" or "in two shakes of a lamb's tail" instead of using B4YKI.
Using Numbers in TextsThis video shows the different ways that numbers are used in "text speak":
Example of B4YKI Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.