What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does BAIT Mean?BAIT means "Obvious or Axiomatic."
The word BAIT is commonly used when describing a sexually appealing person who is obviously flaunting their attractiveness. In this context, it is often linked with the word "jail" to refer to an attractive person who is apparently under the age of sexual consent (e.g., "That chick in the red skirt has got JAILBAIT written all over her.").
BAIT is also often used to describe anything or any action that is obvious, blatant or self-evident. Less commonly, it can also be used with the meaning "Tell-Tale" or "Snitch."
BAIT can also be written as BATE.
Image for BAITWhen I write BAIT, I mean this: Some things need no further explanation.
Summary of Key Points"Obvious or Axiomatic" is the most common definition for BAIT on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Obvious or Axiomatic|
|Type:||Slang Word (Jargon)|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of BAIT in SentencesHere are examples of BAIT being used in conversations:
- Raf: I'm just going to send her a picture of me sitting on the hood of my car.
- Pete: Man, you are so BAIT.
- Annie: Look at this, she's copied my work word for word.
- Julia: BAIT.
An Academic Look at BAITBAIT is typically used as an adjective (i.e., a describing word). For example:
- That dress is BAIT. (Here, BAIT is an adjective that modifies the noun dress.)
Example of BAIT Used in a Text
"Cyber Speak" TestYou now know what BAIT means, but are you good at Cyber Speak? Well, let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?