What Does BFAM Mean? (Using BFAM Online)BFAM means "Brother From Another Mother."
The abbreviation BFAM is typically used with the meaning "Brother From Another Mother" as a term of endearment between boys and young men, as well as by men of any age who have served in the military or police. It implies that the sender considers the recipient to be one of their most special friends.
BFAM has the same meaning as MBFAM ("My Brother From Another Mother").
Image for BFAM
When I write BFAM, I mean this:
My BFAM is my best friend.
Summary of Key Points"Brother from Another Mother" is the most common definition for BFAM on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Brother from Another Mother|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of BFAM in SentencesHere are examples of BFAM being used in conversations:
- Todd: Wasn't Dave in the army with you?
- Rich: He was a BFAM to me when we served.
- Drunk 1: I love you man. You're like a BFAM to me.
- Drunk 2: I love you too man, but your mom is my mom. I am your brother from the same mother.
An Academic Look at BFAMBFAM is an initialism abbreviation. This means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., "Bee Eff Ay Em"). Initialisms contrast with acronyms, which are spoken like words.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "Blood brother" or "Very best friend" instead of using the abbreviation BFAM.
Example of BFAM Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoB (brother or bro) BRAH (brother) BRODA (brother like yoda) BROSKI (brother) BRU (brother) BRUV (brother)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.