What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does BION Mean?BION means "Believe It Or Not." The abbreviation BION, meaning "Believe It Or Not," is typically used to introduce a statement that the speaker expects to be met with disbelief. For example:
- Patient: BION, I eat much less than all of my friends.
- Doctor: BION, that's what 90% of my obese patients say.
- "Believe it or Not" is the title of the theme song to The Greatest American Hero, a comedy-drama television series that aired for three seasons from 1981 to 1983 on ABC.
- "Ripley's Believe it or Not" is a museum in London, with kitschy oddities on display, including shrunken human heads & rare animal skeletons.
Image for BIONWhen I write BION, I mean this: BION usually means "you're not going to believe this, but..."
Summary of Key Points"Believe It or Not" is the most common definition for BION on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Believe It or Not|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of BION in SentencesHere are examples of BION being used in jokes:
- I have just been researching the effects of alcohol on balance. BION the results were staggering.
- I was having a terrible day at work, so I went for a walk to clear my head. BION the passenger in my cab went crazy.
An Academic Look at BIONBION is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Bee Eye Oh Enn). However, as the abbreviation BION is typically used for efficiency in writing and not efficiency in speech it is not often uttered using its letters.
Initialisms contrast with acronyms, which are spoken like words.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we would have just said "Believe It Or Not" instead of using the abbreviation BION.
Example of BION Used in a Text
Help Us To Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?