What Does BRGDS Mean?BRGDS means "Best Regards."
The abbreviation BRGDS is most commonly used to wrap up text-based conversations and emails. It is used in its literal sense, i.e., there is no connotation. BRGDS literally means "I wish you my best regards."
Of note, "Best Regards" is also often abbreviated as BR and as BEST .
Image for BRGDS
When I write BRGDS, I mean this:
BRGDS means the same as "All the best."
Summary of Key Points"Best Regards" is the most common definition for BRGDS on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
1: Easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
50 Ways to Say "Best Friend"Here's a short video giving 50 ways to tell someone they're your best friend:
Examples of BRGDS in SentencesHere's an example of BRGDS being used in a joke with the meaning "Best Regards":
- Today a man knocked on my door and asked for a small donation towards the local swimming pool. I gave him my BRGDS and a glass of water.
An Academic Look at BRGDSBRGDS is a shortened version of the words Best Regards and is therefore a contraction.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "All the best" or just written "Best Regards" instead of using the abbreviation BRGDS.
Example of BRGDS Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See Also73 (best regards (amateur radio term)) BEST (best regards) BR (best regards) KR (kind regards) RGDS (regards) WBR (with best regards) WR (warmest regards)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.