What Does Dafuq Mean?Dafuq means "What The F*ck?".
The exclamation dafuq (sometimes typed as da fuq) is an alternative spelling of "the f*ck." It is typically used as an exclamation of surprise, shock or anger with the meaning "What the f*ck!" or "What the f*ck?"
Dafuq can also be used with other interrogative words, such as "who," "why," "where," "when," and "how" to form other questions. For example:
- Jo: The cops are looking for you.
- Sam: What Dafuq did you just say!?
- Sam: How dafuq do you know that?
- Sam: Who Dafuq told you that?
- Sam: Why dafuq? I haven't done anything.
- Sam: Where Dafuq can I hide?
- Jo: Calm down Dafuq! It's just a joke.
Image for Dafuq
When I write Dafuq, I mean this:
Dafuq usually expresses incredulity.
Summary of Key Points"What the F*ck?" is the most common definition for Dafuq on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||What the F*ck?|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
An Academic Look at DafuqDafuq is typically used as an abbreviated interrogative sentence (i.e., a question) with the meaning "What the f*ck?" In text messaging it is commonly seen without a question mark (i.e., it can be written "dafuq?" or "dafuq").
Dafuq is also often used as an interjection. An interjection is not grammatically related to any other part of the sentence. It is included in a sentence (usually at the start) to express a sentiment such as surprise, disgust, joy, excitement or enthusiasm.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have just said "What the f*ck?" or something like "You have got to be joking!" instead of using dafuq.
Example of Dafuq Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoBWTH (but what the hell) DF (what the f*ck) HTF (hard to find, how the f*ck?) WT? (what the?) WTC (what the crap?) WTHIGO (what the hell is going on?) WTHIT (what the hell is that?)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.