What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does DRELFIE Mean?DRELFIE means "Drunken Selfie" or "Drinking Selfie." It is a photographic self-portrait taken when drunk or drinking alcohol. DRELFIES are usually posted on social-media networks (usually Instagram or Facebook).
Image for DRELFIEWhen I write DRELFIE, I mean this: The image shows two people taking a selfie whilst drunk.
Summary of Key Points"Drunken Selfie" is the most common definition for DRELFIE on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of DRELFIE in SentencesHere is an example of DRELFIE being used in a conversation:
- Tony: We took so many DRELFIES last night!
- Jordan: I know. I had to untag all the embarrasing ones this morning!
An Academic Look at DRELFIEThe term DRELFIE is a portmanteau word, which is the term for when two words are merged into one. (DOKE (from Diet Coke) is another example of a portmanteau word.)
The term DRELFIE is an amalgam of the words "drunken" and "selfie."
Evolution of the SELFIEHere is a 3-minute video showing how the SELFIE has evolved:
Example of DRELFIE Used in a Text
"Cyber Speak" TestYou now know what DRELFIE means, but are you good at Cyber Speak? Well, let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?