What Does DSLR Mean in a Text?DSLR means "Digital Single Lens Reflex."
In photography, the abbreviation DSLR means 'Digital Single Lens Reflex.'
A digital SLR camera is a type of camera that uses a mirror and prism system that displays through the lens exactly what will be captured when the shutter is pressed.
As film SLR cameras are no longer manufactured, the term SLR is now widely used in place of DSLR to refer to digital cameras. Older cameras would probably be referred to as "film SLRs," to clarify that the speaker is talking "old school."
Image for DSLR
When I write DSLR, I mean this:
"Digital Single Lens Reflex"
Summary of Key Points"Digital Single Lens Reflex" is the most common definition for DSLR on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Digital Single Lens Reflex
4: Difficult to guess
Example of DSLR Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoNew ways to say I love you Text-Speak Using Numbers Glossary of Terms Related to Electric and Hybrid Vehicles GNOC (get naked on camera) JPEG (joint photographic experts group) SELFIE (self-taken camera picture of oneself)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.