What Does ETD Mean?ETD means "Estimated Time Of Departure." ETD is an abbreviation most commonly used with the meaning "Estimated Time Of Departure." This is the date and time at which a journey is expected to start.
The abbreviation ETD is formally and most commonly used in the transport industry, but it is also widely used by the general public.
- ETD is sometimes expanded as "Expected Time Of Departure."
- ETD is sometimes used to mean "Estimated Time Of Delivery".
Image for ETD
When I write ETD, I mean this:
ETD usually means Estimated Time Of Departure
Summary of Key Points"Estimated Time of Departure" is the most common definition for ETD on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Estimated Time of Departure|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of ETD in SentencesHere are examples of ETD being used in conversations:
- Announcer: The 1340 departure to New York has been delayed due to new visa regulations. ETD is now 1984.
- Rob: I'm getting dinner ready. What time will you be home?.
- Simon: I'm just finishing up here. ETD 10 minutes.
An Academic Look at ETDETD is an initialism abbreviation with the meaning "Estimated Time Of Departure." Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Eee Tee Dee).
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we would have just said something like "expected time of departure" or "scheduled departure time" instead of using the abbreviation ETD to mean "Estimated Time Of Departure."
Example of ETD Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoETA (estimated time of arrival) EDD (estimated delivery date) EDT (estimated delivery time) ATA (actual time of arrival)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.