What Does FAANG Mean?FAANG means "Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Netflix, and Google."
FAANG is an acronym for five high-performing technology stocks on the US stock market. The five companies are: Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Netflix, and Google.
The term was coined in 2017, by Jim Cramer, the host of CNBC's Mad Money, who originally coined the term FANG, for Facebook, Amazon, Netflix, and Google, and then later added Apple to the list.
In 2023, in light of shifting stock values and changes in company names, Cramer suggested a new acronym for the highest performing tech stocks: MAMAA: Meta, Amazon, Microsoft, Apple, and Alphabet.
Image for FAANG
When I write FAANG, I mean this:
"FAANG" is an acronym for Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Netflix, and Google.
Summary of Key Points"Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Netflix, and Google" is the most common definition for FAANG on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Netflix, and Google|
4: Difficult to guess
An Academic Look at FAANG"FAANG" can be considered an acronym, because it is formed by taking the initial letters of the company names Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Netflix, and Google and pronouncing them together as a single word, "faang."
Other examples of acronyms are:
- NASA - "National Aeronautics and Space Administration."
- UNICEF - "United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund."
Acronyms differ from initialism abbreviations, which are pronounced using their individual letters. For example:
Example of FAANG Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoFAATMAN (Facebook, Alphabet, Amazon, Tesla, Microsoft, Apple and Netflix) FB (Facebook, follow back, f*ck buddy) FBO (Facebook official) GIY (Google it yourself) JGI (just Google it) IOS (internet / iPhone operating system (Apple)) META (beyond, transcending, about; most effective tactics available) MV (metaverse, music video) NETFLIX AND CHILL (chill with someone in front of the TV)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.