What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does GBTW Mean?GBTW means "Get Back to Work."
Image for GBTWWhen I write GBTW, I mean this: "Get Back To Work"
Summary of Key Points"Get Back to Work" is the most common definition for GBTW on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Get Back to Work|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
What Does GBTW Mean?GBTW means "Get Back To Work." The abbreviation GBTW can be used as an instruction to a subordinate, but it is more often used in a light-hearted way, such as when talking to a friend who is seen posting on social media when they should be working or studying.
The abbreviation GBTW can also be used as a signal that you wish to bring a conversation to conclusion.
Examples of GBTW in SentencesHere are examples of GBTW being used in conversations:
- Tom: I am so bored. I want to go home.
- Sarah: It´s only 3 o´clock! GBTW!
- Julie: Lovely talking to you Steve, but I must GBTW.
- Steve: OK. Speak later.
An Academic Look at GBTWGBTM is an initialism abbreviation. This means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Gee Bee Tee Dbl-Yoo). The abbreviation GBTW is not used in direct speech, it is used for efficiency in writing and not efficiency in speech.
The abbreviation GBTW is normally used as a standalone declarative sentence (i.e., a statement) with the meaning "Get back to work”, but GBTW can also be used within a wider sentence.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we would have just said something like "Get back to work" instead of GBTW.
Example of GBTW Used in a Text
"Cyber Speak" TestYou now know what GBTW means, but are you good at Cyber Speak? Well, let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?