GHOST (Dating Term)
What Does GHOST Mean?GHOST means "End Contact Without Explanation."
Ghosting is a term used in dating to refer to the practice of ending a relationship by simply disappearing from the life of the other party. The ghost simply fails to respond to any messages, phone calls, or other attempts at contact.
Unlike a curver, a ghost will not respond to any messages. A ghost lacks the courage or interest to end the relationship and hopes that the other party will take the hint and accept the inevitable.
Image for GHOST
When I write GHOST, I mean this:
"End Contact Without Explanation"
Summary of Key Points"End Contact Without Explanation" is the most common definition of GHOST on online dating sites, such as Craigslist, Tinder, Zoosk and Match.com, as well as in texts and on chat forums.
|Definition:||End Contact Without Explanation|
Adults and Teenagers
Example of GHOST Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoWays to say I love you Digital Dating Abbreviations, Acronyms & Slang Terms D8 (date) NON-DATE DATE (date arranged as a social get-together, rather than a romantic event) SLAY (get a lot of dates) VBD (very bad date, very big deal)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.