CURVE (Dating Term)
What Does CURVE Mean?CURVE means "Avoid a Romantic Relationship."
Curve (or curving) is a term used in dating to refer to the practice of ending a relationship in a way that leaves the other party unsure of your intentions.
Unlike a ghost, a curver will occasionally respond to messages, but will not commit to a date or to any other plans. The curver usually lacks the courage to end the relationship and hopes that the other party will take the hint and accept the inevitable.
Check out our comprehensive list of dating terms.
Image for CURVE
When I write CURVE, I mean this:
"Avoid a Romantic Relationship"
Summary of Key Points"Avoid a Romantic Relationship" is the most common definition of CURVE on online dating sites, such as Craigslist, Tinder, Zoosk and Match.com, as well as in texts and on chat forums.
|Definition:||Avoid a Romantic Relationship|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Example of CURVE Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoWays to Say I Love You CUSHIONING (maintaining alternative romantic relationships) D8 (date) LOCKERING (using academic studies as an excuse for cooling a relationship) NON-DATE DATE (date arranged as a social get-together, rather than a romantic event) SLAY (get a lot of dates) VBD (very bad date, very big deal)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.