What Does GRIEFER Mean in a Text?GRIEFER means Bad Faith Player in an online gaming context.
GRIEFER is a term used in MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Games) to describe a player who deliberately irritates and harasses other players.
A GRIEFER could be a player who has become disillusioned with a game and just wants to bring it to an end. However, many GRIEFERs enter games with the specific intention of annoying other players. (In this respect, a GRIEFER is similar to a TROLL (Abusive Online Messager). )
Image for GRIEFER
When I write GRIEFER, I mean this:
"Bad Faith Player"
Summary of Key Points"Bad Faith Player" is the most common definition for GRIEFER on online gaming forums.
|Bad Faith Player
|Slang Word (Jargon)
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of GRIEFER in SentencesHere is an example of GRIEFER being used in an online conversation:
- Seb: What the hell is he doing! I can't get a shot because he's always in the way!
- Jane: We're screwed. He's a GRIEFER. He only joined us to ruin the game
Example of GRIEFER Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoOnline Gaming Terms The Use of Numbers in Text Speak What's the Purpose of a Hashtag? How to Spot Internet Grooming How to Spot a Drug User
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.