What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does GTTS Mean?GTTS means "Got The T-Shirt." The abbreviation GTTS is a contraction of the saying "Been there, done that, got the T-shirt." GTTS means that the sender knows exactly what the recipient is talking about, because they have had the same experience.
GTTS is typically used in an empathetic manner, to express understanding and solidarity. However, it can also be used arrogantly. (Someone who uses GTTS in response to every announcement can be seen as boring and arrogant.)
GTTS has the same meaning as BTDT (Been There Done That).
Image for GTTSWhen I write GTTS, I mean this: GTTS is a way of saying you've had the same experience as someone else.
Summary of Key Points"Got the T-Shirt" is the most common definition for GTTS on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Got the T-Shirt|
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of GTTS in SentencesHere are examples of GTTS being used in conversations:
- Paul: Your ex has just dumped me for someone else.
- Steve: Join the club, mate. I've GTTS.
- James: The bungee jump in New Zealand is the most amazing experience.
- Hannah: I did that years ago,GTTS.
An Academic Look at GTTSGTTS is an abbreviation of the phrase "Been there, done that, got the T-shirt."
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "That's happened to me" or "I understand" instead of GTTS.
Example of GTTS Used in a Text
"Cyber Speak" TestYou now know what GTTS means, but are you good at Cyber Speak? Well, let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?