What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does HDU Mean?HDU means "How Dare You." The abbreviation HDU is an angry, confrontational expression of shock, outrage or annoyance in response to someone's actions or words.
- "How Dare You" is also abbreviated as HDY.
- "How Dare You" is the title of an album released in 1976 by UK band 10cc.
Image for HDUWhen I write HDU, I mean this: HDU is an expression of indignation or anger.
Summary of Key Points"How Dare You" is the most common definition for HDU on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||How Dare You|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of HDU in SentencesHere are examples of HDU being used in conversations:
- Pete: If I ever need a heart transplant, I'd like to have yours. It's never been used.
- Sophie: HDU, it's not like you're the most romantic person in the world.
- Carol: As you're paying for the holiday, I've upgraded us to the deluxe suite.
- Nick: HDU, I'm not made of money, you know.
An Academic Look at HDUHDU is an interjection. An interjection is not grammatically related to any other part of the sentence. It is included in a sentence (usually at the start) to express a sentiment such as surprise, disgust, joy, excitement, or enthusiasm. In formal writing, interjections are offset from the surrounding words with commas. For example:
- HDU, put that back! (Here, HDU is an interjection expressing annoyance.)
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we would have just said "How Dare You" instead of using HDU.
Example of HDU Used in a Text
Help Us To Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?