What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does HOPIUM Mean?HOPIUM is a fictional drug that induces unfounded optimism.
Hopium is a combination of the words "hope" and "opium." It is typically used humorously or disparagingly to refer to someone expressing irrational optimism. For example:
- You think I'm gonna date you, just because you bought me a drink? You need to lay off the hopium!
- Anyone who thinks they are going to be able to stage a comeback after that performance, must be smoking class A hopium.
- They are on the hopium if they think they will retain control after the mid-terms.
Image for HOPIUMWhen I write HOPIUM, I mean this:
"Fictional Drug That Induces Unfounded Optimism"
Summary of Key Points"Fictional Drug That Induces Unfounded Optimism" is the most common definition for HOPIUM on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Fictional Drug That Induces Unfounded Optimism|
Adults and Teenagers
An Academic Look at HOPIUMAs it is formed by merging two words (or parts of words) into one, hopium is classified as a portmanteau word. It is formed by amalgamating hope and opium.
Other examples of portmanteau words are smog (smoke and fog), flurona (flu and corona), and brunch (breakfast and lunch).
Example of HOPIUM Used in a Text
"Cyber Speak" TestYou now know what HOPIUM means, but are you good at Cyber Speak? Well, let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?