What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does IDT Mean?IDT means "I Don't Think."
The abbreviation IDT is commonly used with the meaning "I Don't Think" to express disagreement or indicate a lack of certainty. For example:
- Lois: We take the M25 all the way to Scotland.
- Lola: IDT that's right. (Here, IDT expresses disagreement.)
- Lois: Does the M25 go all the way to Scotland?
- Lola: IDT it does. (Here, IDT expresses lack of certainty.)
Image for IDTWhen I write IDT, I mean this: IDT expresses disagreement or a lack of certainty.
Summary of Key Points"I Don't Think" is the most common definition for IDT on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||I Don't Think|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of IDT in SentencesHere are examples of IDT being used in conversations:
- Rod: I ran two marathons without any training.
- Chris: Really? IDT you're being completely honest.
- Brian: Stewart is really unfriendly.
- Lisa: IDT he means to be. He's just very shy.
An Academic Look at IDTIDT is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Eye Dee Tee), but as this is harder to say than "I Don't Think," it is not often uttered using its letters. In other words, the abbreviation IDT is for efficiency in writing and not efficiency in speech.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "I'm Not Sure" or "I Don't Think So" instead of using IDT.
Example of IDT Used in a Text
Help Us To Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?