What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does IGI Mean?IGI means "I Get It."
The abbreviation IGI is used with the meaning "I Get It" or "I Got It" to indicate that a message has been received and understood.
IGI is similar in meaning to HUA (Heard, Understood, Acknowledged) and GETCHA (I Understand), but has completely the opposite meaning to IDU (I Don't Understand).
Image for IGIWhen I write IGI, I mean this: IGI means "I understand."
Summary of Key Points"I Get It" is the most common definition for IGI on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||I Get It|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of IGI in SentencesHere are examples of IGI being used in conversations:
- Sophia: Why was she here?
- Nick: Because she brought my 'phone round. That's all.
- Sophia: Okay, IGI.
- Teacher: Do you understand what I mean?
- Student: Yeah, IGI.
An Academic Look at IGIIGI is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Eye Gee Eye), but as this is harder to say than "I Get It," it is not often uttered using its letters. In other words, the abbreviation IGI is for efficiency in writing and not efficiency in speech.
The word "get" is a verb (i.e. a doing word) and means to receive or obtain. The abbreviation IGI shows that someone has "received" or "obtained" understanding of something.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "OK," "Understood," or even just "I Get It" instead of using IGI.
Example of IGI Used in a Text
"Cyber Speak" TestYou now know what IGI means, but are you good at Cyber Speak? Well, let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?