What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does ILYK Mean?ILYK means "I'll Let You Know."
The abbreviation ILYK is used with the meaning "I'll Let You Know" to indicate that an answer will be provided at some point in the future. ILYK is typically used when the sender genuinely does not know the answer to a question; however, it is also often used when they would prefer not to give a direct answer (e.g., when trying to think of an excuse to decline an invitation).
ILYK has the same meaning as the abbreviations LYK (Let You Know) and WLYK (Will Let You Know).
Image for ILYKWhen I write ILYK, I mean this: ILYK. (But, then again, I may not.)
Summary of Key Points"I'll Let You Know" is the most common definition for ILYK on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||I'll Let You Know|
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of ILYK in SentencesHere are examples of ILYK being used in conversations:
- Bill: Are you coming this weekend?
- Ray: ILYK as soon as I can.
- Unpopular Girl: Would you like to come to dinner on Saturday?
- Other Girl: ILYK. I'm at work at the moment and can't chat.
An Academic Look at ILYKILYK is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Eye Ell Why Kay). However, it is not often uttered using its letters. In other words, the abbreviation ILYK is for efficiency in writing and not efficiency in speech.
ILYK is often used as declarative sentence (i.e., a statement). It is not always used as another part of speech within a wider sentence.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we would have just said "I'll Let You Know" or something like "I'll Get Back To You" instead of using ILYK.
Example of ILYK Used in a Text
"Cyber Speak" TestYou now know what ILYK means, but are you good at Cyber Speak? Well, let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?