What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does ILYSM Mean?ILYSM means "I Love You So Much."
The abbreviation ILYSM is used with the meaning "I Love You So Much" as an expression of affection. It is typically used to show appreciation of an act of kindness by a loved one.
ILYSM can be used to express profound affection. However, as with many other abbreviations meaning "I love you," it should not always be taken literally. ILYSM is sometimes used just to show affection instead of actual love. In this context, it can be used between family members or between friends.
When used between actual lovers, the use of ILYSM can be interpreted as less sincere than saying "I love you" explicitly, or typing the words in full.
"I Love You So Much" from Beacon Falls.
Image for ILYSMWhen I write ILYSM, I mean this: ILYSM doesn't always express romantic love.
Summary of Key Points"I Love You So Much" is the most common definition for ILYSM on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||I Love You So Much|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of ILYSM in SentencesHere are examples of ILYSM being used in conversations:
- Ralph: ILYSM. I can't imagine life without you.
- Jodie: ILYSM too, Ralph. (Here, ILYSM expresses genuine romantic love.)
- Robyn: I really love you, Julie. I can't imagine life without you.
- Julie: ILYSM too, Robyn. (Here, the use ILYSM may indicate unwillingness on the part of Julie to express genuine love for Robyn.)
- Becky: I've arranged a night out with the girls to celebrate your escape from Tony.
- Helen: ILYSM! I don't know what I would do without you. (Here, ILYSM expresses friendly love, or affection.)
An Academic Look at ILYSMILYSM is typically used as a standalone declarative sentence (i.e., a statement). It is not often used as another part of speech within a wider sentence.
ILYSM is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Aye Ell Why Ess Em), but as this is harder to say than "I Love You So Much," it is not often spoken using its letters.
Example of ILYSM Used in a Text
Help Us To Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?