What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does INO Mean?INO means "I Know."
The abbreviation INO is used with the meaning "I Know." It is based on the similarity of the sounds "I" and "NO" to the phrase "I Know."
INO is typically used to indicate that the sender is already in possession of certain information or understands a situation. It can also be used at the start of a sentence to introduce a suggestion. For example:
- He was well out of order last night.
- INO. He's always the same after a beer. (Here, INO indicates understanding.)
- What shall we do tonight?
- INO. Let's go to the pub. (Here, INO introduces a suggestion.)
Image for INOWhen I write INO, I mean this: INO can also mean "I have an idea."
Summary of Key Points"I Know" is the most common definition for INO on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Type:||Word and Abbreviation|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of INO in SentencesHere are examples of INO being used in conversations:
- Steve: He's too close for comfort! What are we going to do?
- Stu: INO. How about we start a war? That's always a great distraction.
- Sue: I have lost 20 pounds since June.
- Rhea: INO. I can see it in you. You look great!
An Academic Look at INOINO is a portmanteau word. A portmanteau word is formed by merging two words into one. (In this case, "I" and "Know"). SPEXY (from "Spectacles" and "Sexy") is another example of a portmanteau word.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we would have just used "I Know" instead of typing INO.
Example of INO Used in a Text
Help Us To Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?