What Does ISLY Mean?ISLY means "I Still Love You."
The abbreviation ISLY is typically used with the meaning "I Still Love You" as a light-hearted response to friendly criticism or to reassure the recipient that what has just been said or done has not had a damaging effect on their relationship with the sender.
ISLY is also often used by a love-struck sender who cannot accept that their devotion is not reciprocated. In this context, ISLY usually represents a sad appeal to continue with or renew the relationship.
ISLY is very similar in meaning and use to the abbreviations SLY (Still Love You) and BISLY (But, I Still Love You).
In 2017, French singer Tom Leeb released a poignant track entitled "I Still Love You," which captures the emotions of the break-up of a relationship. (It is probably not one to listen to if you've just been dumped!)
Image for ISLY
When I write ISLY, I mean this:
ISLY is used between friends and (ex-) lovers.
Summary of Key Points"I Still Love You" is the most common definition for ISLY on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||I Still Love You|
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of ISLY in SentencesHere are examples of ISLY being used in conversations:
- Maria: It's over.
- David: But, ISLY. I thought you loved me. (Here, ISLY indicates an appeal to continue with a relationship.)
- Trish: I have blisters all over my face.
- Rebecca: Ugh! That sounds awful! But, don't worry ISLY. (Here, ISLY is friendly reassurance.)
An Academic Look at ISLYISLY is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Eye Ess Ell Why). However, it is not usually spoken using its letters. The abbreviation ISLY is typically used for efficiency in writing rather than for efficiency in speech.
ISLY is typically used as a standalone declarative sentence (i.e., a statement). It is not normally used as a part of speech within a wider sentence.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we would have just said "I Still Love You" instead of using ISLY.
Example of ISLY Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoSee our list of accented-letter symbols BLIND (In Love) ILYF (I'll Love You Forever) IWALU (I Will Always Love You)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.