What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does LOLING Mean?LOLING is "the act of laughing out loud." The term LOLING derives from LOL (Laugh Out Loud) plus "ing."
"Cyber Speak" TestYou now know what LOLING means, but are you good at Cyber Speak? Well, let's see!
- This test has questions.
- You will score at least 5 points for a correct answer.
- You will score bonus points for answering the questions quickly.
- Be careful though. Wrong answers score 0 points.
- The maximum score is .
Image for LOLINGWhen I write LOLING, I mean this: LOLING is a gerund or a present participle formed from LOL.
Summary of Key Points
Definition for LOLINGLOLING means "Laughing out Loud." This is the most common meaning for LOLING on social-media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, and Snapchat. (See also LOLAGE.)
|Definition:||Laughing out Loud|
|Type:||Slang Word (Jargon)|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults, Teenagers, and Under 13s
Examples of LOLING in SentencesHere is an example of LOLING being used in a conversation:
- Tony: I can't believe I tripped in front of my crush!
- Jordan: I am still LOLING about that.
An Academic Look at LOLINGLOLING is used as a gerund or a present participle. For example:
- LOLING is good for morale. (Here, LOLING is a gerund i.e., a noun.)
- She was LOLING for about an hour. (Here, LOLING is a present participle used to form the progressive aspect.)
The Evolution of "LOL"This video shows the evolution of the term "LOL" and the various laughing emojis: Read more about LOL.
Example of LOLING Used in a Text
Help Us To Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?