What Does LOLING Mean?LOLING is "the act of laughing out loud." The term LOLING derives from LOL (Laugh Out Loud) plus "ing."
Image for LOLING
When I write LOLING, I mean this:
Summary of Key Points
Definition for LOLINGLOLING means "Laughing out Loud." This is the most common meaning for LOLING on social-media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, and Snapchat. (See also LOLAGE.)
|Definition:||Laughing out Loud|
|Type:||Slang Word (Jargon)|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults, Teenagers, and Under 13s
Examples of LOLING in SentencesHere is an example of LOLING being used in a conversation:
- Tony: I can't believe I tripped in front of my crush!
- Jordan: I am still LOLING about that.
An Academic Look at LOLINGLOLING is used as a gerund or a present participle. For example:
- LOLING is good for morale. (Here, LOLING is a gerund i.e., a noun.)
- She was LOLING for about an hour. (Here, LOLING is a present participle used to form the progressive aspect.)
The Evolution of "LOL"This video shows the evolution of the term "LOL" and the various laughing emojis: Read more about LOL.
Example of LOLING Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoLOLING (laughing out loud (the noun or participle) LOLAGE (laughing out loud (the noun) ALOL (actually laughing out loud) BLOL (big laugh out loud) ELOL (evil laugh out loud) LAWL (Laugh Out Loud) LAWLZ (Laugh Out Loud) LL (laugh loudly)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.