What Does LOLO Mean?LOLO means "Hello Hello." The acronym LOLO is most commonly used as an informal way to say "hello," usually between friends.
LOLO is similar to the Japanese custom of saying "hello" twice when answering the telephone using the words "Moshi moshi," which roughly translates as "speak, speak."
Of note, LOLO can can also refer to a "lowrider," an American term for a customized vehicle with hydraulic jacks that allow the chassis to be lowered nearly to the road.
Less commonly, LOLO can be used to describe a "mad" or "crazy" person.
Image for LOLO
When I write LOLO, I mean this:
LOLO is used as an informal way of saying hello.
Summary of Key Points"Hello Hello" is the most common definition for LOLO on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults, Teenagers, and Under 13s
Examples of LOLO in SentencesHere are examples of LOLO being used in conversations:
- Amy: Who's there?
- Karen: LOLO. It's only me.
- Seb: Did you see that car, dude?
- Matt: Man, that is some LOLO. (Here, LOLO is used to describe a lowrider-style of car.)
- Sam: Have you met Adam's uncle?
- Raf: He is off the scale, a complete LOLO. (Here, LOLO is used to indicate someone is "mad.")
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
An Academic Look at LOLOLOLO is an acronym (i.e., an abbreviation spoken like a word). Acronyms differ from initialism abbreviations, which are pronounced using their individual letters.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we would have just said "hello" instead of LOLO.
Second Definition for LOLOThis meaning was also noted:
4: Difficult to guess