What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
What Does LURVE Mean?LURVE means "Love." LURVE is a non-standard spelling of the word "love." It is a humorous mispronunciation, the origin of which is widely credited to the 1977 Woody Allen film "Annie Hall," in which Allen's character avoids using the word "love" and retreats into comedy to avoid saying it:
Annie Hall Bridge SceneNowadays, LURVE may suggest more or less passion than "ordinary" love, depending on the context. It can also be used sarcastically to indicate strong dislike. For example:
- Trevor: I love you Jean.
- Jean: Do you think it is true LURVE? Because, I LURVE you with all my heart.
- John: I had to wait 2 hours for the hairdresser today.
- Ted: Wow. I know how much you LURVE to be kept waiting.
Summary of Key Points"Love" is the most common definition for LURVE on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Type:||Slang Word (Jargon)|
1: Easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Image for LURVEWhen I write LURVE, I mean this:
LURVE is a humorous way of saying "Love."
An Academic Look at LURVELURVE is typically used as a verb (i.e. a doing word). For example:
- I LURVE you.
- We LURVE quiet nights in.
- They LURVE it when we beat them.
Example of LURVE Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?