What Does LY Mean?The abbreviation LY means "Love You."
LY is is widely used in texting and instant messaging as a way of saying "Love You." It is used by people in well-established relationships as an expression of deep devotion and also between friends as a less intense expression of affection.
LY is one of the quickest and simplest ways of expressing love. Take care when using it with someone "special" in the early stages of a relationship, especially if telling them for the first time that you love them. In such circumstances, the use of LY may not come across as sincere.
LY is at the root of many abbreviation used to express love, including:
- LY2 ("Love You Too").
- LY4E ("Love You Forever").
- LYA ("Love You Always").
- LYAAF ("Love You Always And Forever").
- LYB ("Love You, Bye").
Image for LY
When I write LY, I mean this:
LY is one of the quickest ways of saying "I Love You."
Summary of Key Points"Love You" is the most common definition for LY on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
1: Easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of LY in SentencesHere are examples of LY being used in conversations:
- Sam: Right! Gotta dash. I will message you later. LY.
- Ted: Ok. LY.
- Mel: Thanks for the flowers. I really LY.
- Billy: You're welcome.
Example of LY Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See Also4221 (4ever 2gether 2love 1another) 459 (I love you (phone keyboard layout for ily)) TL (true love) SLY (still love you) SHMILY (see how much I love you) S2 (heart shape meaning 'love') ULM (you love me) WAML (with all my love) WLYB (who loves you baby) YLM (you love me?) YATLOML (you are the love of my life) YKYLM (you know you love me) Using the heart symbols Using the heart symbols
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.