What Does LYLAF Mean in a Text?LYLAF means "Love You Like a Friend." LYLAF means "Love You Like A Friend." The abbreviation LYLAF is usually considered a diplomatic way of making it clear that you have no interest in a romantic relationship. It is sometimes used as a response to the abbreviation ILY and other such declarations of love.
Image for LYLAF
When I write LYLAF, I mean this:
"Love You Like A Friend"
Summary of Key Points"Love You Like a Friend" is the most common definition for LYLAF on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Love You Like a Friend
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of LYLAF in SentencesHere are examples of LYLAF being used in conversations:
- Bob: These days I can't stop thinking of you.
- Suzy: Thanks Bob. I really LYLAF too.
- Alison: I think we could be much more than friends.
- Sam: I really LYLAF, Ali.
An Academic Look at LYLAFLYLAF is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Ell Wye Ell Eh Eff), but as this is harder to say than "Love You Like A Friend" it is not often uttered using its letters. In other words, the abbreviation LYLAF is for efficiency in writing and not efficiency in speech.
The abbreviation LYLAF is normally used as a standalone declarative sentence (i.e., a statement) with the meaning "Love You Like A Friend." LYLAF is not often used as another part of speech within a wider sentence.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "I Love You Like Friend" instead of using the abbreviation LYLAF.
Example of LYLAF Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoLJBF (let's just be friends) LYAAF (love you as a friend) ILYLAS (I love you like a sister) LYLAS (love you like a sister) LYLAB (love you like a brother) LYLMB (love you like my brother) LULAB (love you like a brother)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.