What Does LULAB Mean in a Text?LULAB means "Love You Like A Brother." The abbreviation LULAB can be considered a huge compliment between two male friends or a diplomatic way for a girl to make it clear that she has no interest in a romantic relationship with one of her male friends. In the latter context, it is sometimes used as a response to the abbreviation ILY.
Love You Like A Brother is also often abbreviated as LYLAB, in addition to LULAB.
Image for LULAB
When I write LULAB, I mean this:
"Love You Like A Brother"
Summary of Key Points"Love You Like a Brother" is the most common definition for LULAB on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Love You Like a Brother
|Acronym and Abbreviation
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of LULAB in SentencesHere are examples of LULAB being used in conversations:
- Tom: Thanks for being there for me man. I needed you at my back.
- Jerry: No probs dude. You know I LULAB.
- Steve: You are a very special lady Tracey. I think I'm falling in love with you.
- Tracey: You are special to me too Steve. I really LULAB.
An Academic Look at LULABLULAB is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Ell Yoo Ell Eh Bee), but as this is harder to say than "Love You Like A Brother," it is not often uttered using its letters. In other words, the abbreviation LULAB is for efficiency in writing and not efficiency in speech.
The abbreviation LULAB is normally used as a standalone declarative sentence (i.e., a statement) with the meaning "Love You Like A Brother." LULAB is not often used as another part of speech within a wider sentence.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we would have just said "I Love You Like A Brother" instead of using the abbreviation LULAB.
Example of LULAB Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoLYLAB (love you like a brother) ILYLAS (I love you like a sister) LYLAF (love you like a friend) LYLAS (love you like a sister) ILY (I love you) ILYAM (I love you as a mate) ILYG (I love you guys/girls)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.