What Does LYLC Mean in a Text?LYLC means "Love You Like Crazy." The abbreviation LYLC is a light-hearted way of telling someone that you love them a lot.
The use of LYLC in text messaging is usually only appropriate between couples. LYLC is not an abbreviation that would normally be used outside of a romantic relationship, except perhaps between young children and very close family members.
Image for LYLC
When I write LYLC, I mean this:
"Love You Like Crazy"
Summary of Key Points"Love You Like Crazy" is the most common definition for LYLC on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Love You Like Crazy
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of LYLC in SentencesHere are examples of LYLC being used in conversations:
- Sam: I can't wait to see you next week!
- Ben: Me too! LYLC!
- Grandad: Bye Charlie. Take care of mummy and daddy.
- Charlie: Bye grandad. LYLC.
An Academic Look at LYLCLYLC is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Ell Why Ell See), but as this is harder to say than "Love You Like Crazy," it is not often uttered using its letters. In other words, the abbreviation LYLC is for efficiency in writing and not efficiency in speech.
The abbreviation LYLC is normally used as a standalone declarative sentence (i.e., a statement) with the meaning "Love You Like Crazy." LYLC is not often used as another part of speech within a wider sentence.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have just said something like "Love You Like Crazy" instead of using the abbreviation LYLC.
Example of LYLC Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoILU (I love you) ILUSM (I love you so much) ILYSDM (I love you so damn much) ILYTB (I love you to bits) ILYVM (I love you very much) ILYWAMH (I love you with all my heart) CWTCU (can't wait to see you) IMYSM (I miss you so much) IDEM (me too)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.