What Does MACHING Mean?The word MACHING (pronounced "mashing") means travelling at maximum speed. It has a connotation of "travelling so quickly as to be barely in control." MACHING is most commonly used by dare-devil amateur sportsmen partaking in skiing, biking, or skateboarding.
Image for MACHING
When I write MACHING, I mean this:
Maching means "going hell for leather."
Summary of Key Points"Going at Maximum Speed" is the most common definition for MACHING on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Going at Maximum Speed|
|Type:||Slang Word (Jargon)|
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of EWW in SentencesHere are examples of MACHING being used in conversations:
- Charlie: Bob was maching down the moguls.
- Jordan: He's been skiing every year since he was four.
- My board developed a speed wobble when I was maching down the high street.
An Academic Look at MACHINGThe word MACHING is nearly always used as a gerund or a present participle (i.e., a word ending "-ing"). For example:
- I was maching. (Here, MACHING is a present participle.)
- I love maching. (Here, MACHING is a gerund, i.e., a noun derived from a verb.)
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "going at breakneck speed" or "going hell for leather" instead of MACHING.
Example of MACHING Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoFTASB (faster than a speeding bullet) AQAP (as quickly as possible) PDQ (pretty damn quick) C (speed of light)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.