What Does MAGAnomics Mean in a Text?The term MAGAnomics refers to President Donald Trump's strategy for improving America's economy. The first half of the word, MAGA, is an acronym (Make America Great Again), while the second half of the word in borrowed from "economics." It is a TRUMPISM.
The overarching aim of MAGAnomics is to sustain economic growth at 3%.
Image for MAGAnomics
When I write MAGAnomics, I mean this:
MAGAnomics is America's economic plan for MAGA (Making America Great Again)
Summary of Key Points
Definition for MAGAnomicsMAGAnomics means "the economic plan for MAGA (Make America Great Again)".
|The economic plan for MAGA (Making America Great Again)
|Portmanteau Word (joining two terms)
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of MAGAnomics in SentencesHere is an example of MAGAnomics being used in a conversation:
- Tony: According to the Trump administration, the proposed budget and domestic policies under MAGAnomics would boost economic growth to levels not seen in decades.
- Jordan: That sounds as about as credible as the "wall" promise.
An Academic Look at MAGAnomicsMAGAnomics is typically treated as a plural noun. It is classified as a portmanteau word because it combines two terms to form one. (DOKE (from Diet Coke) is another example of a portmanteau word.)
Of note, MAGA (Make America Great Again) is an acronym as it is spoken like a word. (NB: Acronyms contrast with initialism abbreviations, which are pronounced using their individual letters.)
Example of MAGAnomics Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoMAGA (Make America Great Again) ITTET (in these tough economic times) TRUMPISM (a claim or assertion by President Trump)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.