What Does MDMA Mean?MDMA means "Methylenedioxy-Methylamfetamine."
MDMA is an abbreviation for methylenedioxy-methylamfetamine, a synthetic drug used recreationally that acts as a stimulant to the central nervous system and as a weak hallucinogen. MDMA produces an energizing effect, a sense of euphoria, distortions in time and perception, and enhanced enjoyment through increased sensory awareness.
MDMA is most widely known as known as ecstasy, though ecstasy is now generally used to refer to MDMA in tablet or capsule form, while in powder form it is widely known as Molly or Mandy.
Check out our complete list of terms for spotting drug use.
Image for MDMA
When I write MDMA, I mean this:
MDMA is most commonly known as ecstasy.
Summary of Key Points"Methylenedioxy-Methylamfetamine" is the most common definition for MDMA on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Example of MDMA Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoBHO (butane hash oil, Barack Hussein Obama) CBD (cannabidiol, cute but dumb) HENRY (one-eighth, high earner not rich yet) LEMMO (cocaine) PUKKA (cannabis flower, genuine or excellent) SHATTER (concentrated cannabis extract) SPECIAL K (ketamine)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.