What Does MID Mean?MID means "Middling."
The slang term MID is an abbreviation of the word middling, which means moderate or average.
MID is widely used as a dismissive term, especially on TiKTok, where posters use the hashtag #MID to label workouts, songs, and anything else that is deemed as being of mediocre quality.
Among cannabis users, MID is known as an affordable, but mediocre-quality, grade of marijuana.
Image for MID
When I write MID, I mean this:
MID is a middling (mediocre) grade of cannabis and of anything else.
Summary of Key Points"Middling" is the most common definition for MID on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Type:||Slang Word (Jargon)|
4: Difficult to guess
Examples of MID in SentencesHere are examples of MID being used in conversations:
- Toni: Got any weed?
- Jordan: No, but I can get some MID.
- Sam: Why do they call it the Midwest?
- Maxwell: Because everything in it is MID.
An Academic Look at MIDMID is a contraction of the word "middling." Some contractions, like MID, use letters of the fully expanded word in sequence. Other contractions, like Dr, use letters from the start and end of the fully expanded version. Contractions can also be formed by replacing a letter or letters with an apostrophe (e.g., can't).
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?The use of the word MID to mean "middling" probably pre-dates the digital era.
Example of MID Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoWays to Say I Love You Text-speak Using Numbers A1 (top quality) CLASS (high quality or first rate) HUFF (low grade marijuana) HQ (headquarters, high quality) KUSH (high grade marijuana) MEX (low-grade marijuana from Mexico) UPG (upgrade)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.