What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does NAGI Mean?NAGI means "Not A Good Idea."
The abbreviation NAGI is an acronym typically used with the meaning "Not A Good Idea," as a polite way of rejecting a proposal or suggestion.
NAGI can also be used when reflecting on an earlier decision that hasn't worked out as expected.
Summary of Key Points"Not A Good Idea" is the most common definition for NAGI on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Not A Good Idea|
Adults, Teenagers, and Under 13s
Image for NAGIWhen I write NAGI, I mean this:
Sometimes it's obvious when something is NAGI.
Examples of NAGI in SentencesHere are examples of NAGI being used in conversations:
- Zac: Can I come round tonight?
- Stella: NAGI. My brother is here.
- Trojan: Maybe bringing that wooden horse into the city was NAGI!
An Academic Look at NAGINAGI is an acronym (i.e., an abbreviation spoken like a word). Acronyms differ from initialism abbreviations, which are pronounced using their individual letters.
NAGI is an abbreviation of the adjective phrase "Not A Good Idea." An adjective phrase is a group of words headed by an adjective that modifies a noun. For example:
- He had an extremely menacing demeanour. (In this example, the adjective phrase is highlighted and the head adjective is in bold. This adjective phrase modifies the noun demeanour.)
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have just said "Not A Good Idea," or something like "It Might Be Better Not To Do That" instead of using NAGI.
Example of NAGI Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?