What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does NAL Mean?NAL means "Need A Life." The phrase "Need A Life" is typically used as a light-hearted criticism of someone's obsession with an activity, such as a hobby, a sports team, a TV show or even work. NAL can be used in the first, second or third person. For example:
- I have been on Facebook all night and haven't eaten a thing. I NAL! (Here, NAL is being used in the first person singular.)
- You went all the way to England, just to go to a Twin Peaks convention? You NAL! (Here, NAL is being used in the second person singular.)
- She refuses to go out when the Kardashians are on TV. She NAL! (Here, NAL is being used in the third person singular and actually means "Needs A Life.")
Image for NALWhen I write NAL, I mean this: NAL usually implies an unhealthy obsession.
Summary of Key Points"Need A Life" is the most common definition for NAL on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Need A Life|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of NAL in SentencesHere are examples of NAL being used in conversations:
- Niall: Are you coming to the game?
- Rick: I can't. I've got to work late again. I NAL.
- Claire: I am the Candy Crush champion!
- Sue: You NAL.
An Academic Look at NALNAL is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Enn Ay Ell"). However, it is not often spoken using its letters. The abbreviation NAL is actually for efficiency in writing, rather than efficiency in speech.
NAL is typically used as a standalone declarative sentence (i.e., a statement), often with the addition of a personal pronoun (I, you, he she, it, we, you, they). It is not normally used as another part of speech within a wider sentence.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we would have just said "Need A Life" instead of using the abbreviation NAL.
Example of NAL Used in a Text
Help Us To Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?