What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does NSA Mean?NSA means "National Security Agency" and "No Strings Attached." Here is more information about each of these definitions of NSA, with examples of use.
National Security AgencyThe National Security Agency (NSA) is a US intelligence organization that provides signals intelligence (SIGINT) to policymakers and military forces.
The NSA is responsible for global surveillance, collection, and processing of information for intelligence and counterintelligence purposes. Established in 1952, the NSA's headquarters are in Fort Meade, Maryland. It operates under the jurisdiction of the Department of Defense (DOD) and cooperates with other intelligence agencies.
The NSA is a key member of the "Five Eyes," intelligence alliance, which is made up of the SIGINT agencies of five Anglophone countries that collaborate closely and share intelligence. The other four members are:
- Australia: Australian Signals Directorate (ASD).
- Canada: Communications Security Establishment (CSE).
- New Zealand: Government Communications Security Bureau (GCSB).
- United Kingdom: Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ).
No Strings AttachedIn dating, the abbreviation NSA is used with the meaning "No Strings Attached." In this context, it refers to an arrangement or relationship where there are no conditions or restrictions.
NSA means a casual connection without emotional commitment, focusing solely on physical intimacy. It is seen by some as a way to enjoy the companionship and pleasure of a relationship without the expectations and responsibilities that often come with a more serious commitment. For example:
- Aquarius seeks Pisces for occasional fun. NSA.
- Try our super-dooper-pooper-scooper at home for 30 days. If you don't agree that it's the superest scooper you have ever scooped poop with, just give us it back for a full refund. NSA.
Image for NSAWhen I write NSA, I mean this: NSA also means "No Strings Attached."
Summary of Key Points for the First Definition"National Security Agency" is a common definition for NSA on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||National Security Agency|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Summary of Key Points for the Second Definition"No Strings Attached" is another common definition for NSA, especially in dating related chat.
|Definition:||No Strings Attached|
Adults and Teenagers
An Academic Look at NSAWhether used with the meaning "National Security Agency" or "No Strings Attached," NSA is classified as an initialism abbreviation, as it is pronounced one letter at a time.
Other examples of initialisms are:
Example of NSA Used in a Text
"Cyber Speak" TestYou now know what NSA means, but are you good at Cyber Speak? Well, let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?