What Does OAP Mean?OAP (Old Aged Pensioner) is an abbreviation used predominantly in the United Kingdom to describe someone old enough to draw on a state pension (currently 65 years old).
The term is often used to describe someone much younger who is showing signs of old age (e.g., making groaning noises when bending, being unable to do two nights out back-to-back).
Image for OAP
When I write OAP, I mean this:
The image shows the 77-year-old Michael Mather (an OAP who used to spar with boxing legend Henry Cooper) after he scared off two thugs who attacked him.
Summary of Key Points"Old Age Pensioner" is the most common definition for OAP on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Old Age Pensioner|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of OAP in SentencesHere are examples of OAP being used in sentences:
- 10% discount for OAPs.
- You sound like an OAP, mate. You need to cut down on the cigarettes.
An Academic Look at OAPOAP is mostly used as a noun, but occasionally it is used as an attributive adjective. For example:
- I am an OAP. (Here, OAP is a noun.)
- I have an OAP pass. (Here, OAP is an attributive adjective.)
Example of OAP Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoCOUGAR (older woman hunting a younger man) OFH (old folks' home) OG (old git) OM (old man) RHINO (older man looking for a younger woman) TROUT (older man looking for a younger woman) Y/O (year-old) BIDDIE (old lady) BIDDY (old lady)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.