What Does OCO Mean?OCO means "Oh, Come On." The abbreviation OCO is used to express disbelief in what someone has said or done, or when the sender does not want to accept what they have been told. The use of OCO usually implies that the sender does not believe that the other person is being serious.
The phrase "Oh, Come on" was probably most famously used by Jim Carrey, in the 1997 film "Liar Liar."
Image for OCO
When I write OCO, I mean this:
"OCN! You cannot be serious!"
Summary of Key Points"Oh, Come On" is the most common definition for OCO on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Oh, Come On|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of OCO in SentencesHere are examples of OCO being used in conversations:
- Grandson: Why won't you do the bungee jump?
- Grandfather: OCO! At my age?
- Pupil: The dog ate my homework.
- Teacher: OCO. You expect me to believe that?
An Academic Look at OCOOCO is used as a standalone declarative sentence (i.e., a statement). It is not used as another part of speech within a wider sentence.
OCO is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Oh Cee Oh). However, it is not usually spoken using its letters. The abbreviation OCO is for efficiency in writing, rather than for efficiency in speech. Initialisms are different to acronyms, which are spoken like words.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have just said "Oh, Come On" or something like "You can't be serious," instead of using OCO.
Example of OCO Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoORLY (Oh, Really!) ORN (Oh, Really Now!) AYS (Are You Serious?) RUS (Are You Serious?) CMON (Come On)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.