What Does OOM Mean in a Text?OOM means "Out of Mana" (Gaming Term).
OOM is a term used in gaming with the meaning "Out Of Mana." It is used in team games to indicate that a player's mana or primary resource is totally depleted.
Typing OOM most commonly happens during a major battle (e.g., a boss fight), when the pressure is on.
Image for OOM
When I write OOM, I mean this:
"Out of Mana"
Summary of Key Points"Out of Mana" is the most common definition for OOM on online gaming forums.
|Out of Mana
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of OOM in SentencesHere is an example of OOM being used in an online conversation:
- Jack: Well done, guys. That was a good fight. I thought we were doomed when I saw your OOM, Tony.
- Tony: Me too, but then a power pill appeared.
Example of OOM Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoOnline Gaming Terms The Use of Numbers in Text Speak What's the Purpose of a Hashtag? How to Spot Internet Grooming How to Spot a Drug User
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.