What Does OOTD Mean?The abbreviation OOTD usually means "Outfit Of The Day." However, it can also mean "Opinion Of The Day" and "Offer Of The Day." Here is more information about each of these definitions with examples.
Outfit Of The DayOOTD is commonly used on fashion blogs, Instagram and other social media sites, with the meaning "Outfit Of The Day." In this context, OOTD is typically used with a hashtag (#OOTD), to indicate what the poster is wearing or has worn. For example.
- Check out this #OOTD. It's basically what I used to wear to school in the 80s!
Opinion Of The DayOOTD is used with the meaning "Opinion Of The Day" as a caveat, to make an assertion seem less forthright. In this context, OOTD is often used to introduce a rant or a controversial statement. For example:
- OOTD: Sarah's new hairstyle looks like she did it herself!
Offer Of The DayWhen used with the meaning "Offer Of The Day," OOTD is typically used by retailers to indicate a special offer that is valid for only one day. OOTD is also used between friends with the same meaning, to preface an offer or invitation. For example:
- OOTD. I'll drive tonight. You can have a drink and chill. This offer will never be repeated.
Image for OOTD
When I write OOTD, I mean this:
OOTD also means "Opinion Of The Day" and "Offer Of The Day."
Summary of Key Points
First Definition of OOTD"Outfit Of The Day" is the most common definition for OOTD on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Outfit Of The Day|
Adults and Teenagers
Second Definition for OOTD"Opinion Of The Day" is another common definition for OOTD.
|Definition:||Opinion Of The Day|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Third Definition for OOTDOOTD also means "Offer Of The Day."
|Definition:||Offer Of The Day|
|Type:||Internet Slang Term|
An Academic Look at OOTDOOTD is an initialism abbreviation. This means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Oh Oh Tee Dee). Initialisms contrast with acronyms, which are spoken like words.
Example of OOTD Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoATMO (according to my opinion) BAFO (best and final offer) DUDS (clothes) GARMS (clothes (from "garments")) IMBO (in my biased opinion) IMCO (in my considered opinion) IMEO (in my educated opinion) IMHO (in my humble opinion) IMMAO (in my most arrogant opinion) OVNO (or very near offer)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.