What Does O/ Mean?O/ means "High five." In this emoticon, the letter O (or sometimes a zero) represents a head, while the forward slash represents an arm in the high-five position.
O/ is used to signify a celebration. Of note, however, it is sometimes used to mean "hello." In this meaning, the forward slash is a waving arm.
Image for O/
When I write O/, I mean this:
O/ usually means "high five."
Video Summarizing O/Here's a short video explaining how to use O/:
Summary of Key Points"High five" is the most common definition for O/ on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of O/ in SentencesHere are examples of O/ being used in conversations:
- Tony: I got an A in English!
- Jordan: O/. (In this example, O/ means "high five.")
- Tony: Hi
- Jordan: O/ (Here, O/ means "hello.")
An Academic Look at O/O/ is classified as an icon because it is a picture of what it represents.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we would have just said "well done" or "hello" instead of O/.
Example of O/ Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoLearn how to insert special punctuation symbols New ways to say I love you Text-speak using just numbers A list of dating terms
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.